Fort Fairfield Peace of Mind Property Check Program
Are you planning a vacation? Would you enjoy the trip more if you knew police officers are checking your home? In a continued effort to better serve Fort Fairfield's more than 3500 residents, the Police Department has established an online form with a link on FortFairfield.org.
This is the program commonly known as House Watch where an officer will stop by to check your residence or business, either visually as they drive by or else physically by walking around the perimeter and checking doors and windows. To begin this service, fill out and submit our on-line form. As calls for service allow, the on duty officer will check your home. Should the need arise, we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party.
About the program:
- Property checks are offered to Fort Fairfield residents free of charge
- As calls allow, Fort Fairfield Police Officers will perform a thorough inspection of your property while you are away.
- House check includes:
- A perimeter check
- Physical and/or visual check of all doors and windows
- Verification of vehicles left on the property
- Verification of any people found on the property
- Should the need arise; we will have the information available to contact you or another responsible party.
- Only portions of the residential property with direct access will be checked by Officers
The property Check service is NOT:
- For business property
- For use by owners of rental property
- For homes that are currently listed with a realtor
- A guarantee that the property is safe or that it will not be burglarized
- A guarantee that the property will be checked
- A substitute for an alarm system
- Property checks will not be done on properties in which someone is staying at the residence.
- You will need to make arrangements to have the driveway plowed of snow during the winter months so that officers have access to the property.
- You will be responsible for contacting the Fort Fairfield Police Department upon your return.
Read about the ASAP PaCT Program